Digital Transformation continues to empower businesses with enhanced efficiency and business agility. Despite these benefits, however, there are still considerable challenges that transforming businesses must recognize. For example…
- Increasing security risks
- The continuing proliferation of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
- The intricacies involved in running and maintaining hybrid infrastructures
- Stricter industry regulations
To better understand the role of Identity and Access Management (IAM) within the digital transformation landscape, OneLogin commissioned a study involving 500 IT decision-makers from the US and UK. Here are the top access management trends we’ll see this year.
Security Remains a Top Priority
- Over half of those surveyed believed that advanced security and access controls for both devices and applications would strengthen interest in IAM functionality for both on-prem and cloud environments.
- Nearly half of the IT decision makers surveyed identified security risk — such as credential compromise or lack of two-factor authentication — as a primary driver behind the use of an IAM solution.
Enterprises are Expecting more from Identity and Access Management
- 91% consider IAM as either ‘critical’ or ‘important’ to their business’ digital transformation strategy, while only 7% consider it a low priority.
- 72% of companies still leverage legacy web access management solutions. And nearly half (48%) of respondents highlighted existing legacy IT systems as a barrier to digital transformation
- Two key drivers in an organization’s decision to upgrade or replace its existing IAM solution are ‘significantly reduced operational complexity’ and ‘unified management’.
Unifying both On-Premises and SaaS Apps is Key
- Over half of the enterprises surveyed deployed 50+ new on-prem applications in the past year, and the same percentage deployed 50+ new SaaS applications in the past year.
- Nearly all respondents (98%) are interested in a holistic solution, looking to access all of their on-prem and SaaS apps with IAM functionality such as centralized directory, automated provisioning, one SSO portal.
Get the full report by Arlington Research
As organizations continue to embrace digital transformation, it’s clear that a more unified approach is becoming increasingly necessary.
Interested in learning more? You can get the full report from Arlington Research here.