Automate the Fundamentals of Apple Mobility with Jamf, OneLogin, and BetterCloud
With the transition from cubicles to home offices, organizations are forced to innovate the way they support and onboard employees. Zero-touch deployments and a secure, cloud-first mentality became necessary to keep businesses moving forward in a way that was safe for both administrators and end-users. In just a few months, companies have seen transformations that would have normally taken years. Being outside the physical perimeter requires an agile approach to the three core areas of mobility: devices, identity, and applications. Industry leaders Jamf, OneLogin, and BetterCloud have revolutionized and empowered admins with the tools they need to automate device management, identity provisioning, and SaaS application management.
Creating a tightly integrated IT stack allows an organization to reach the “holy grail” of fully automated onboarding and offboarding. By automating these processes, not only will admins save time that can be reinvested in other projects, but an additional level of security is created by perfectly executing and auditing every action. With increased reliance on tools like Google, Office365, Salesforce, Dropbox, Zoom, and Slack, safeguards need to be put in place that govern to whom and how data can be shared. According to a recent PwC survey, 55% of employers anticipate offering remote work even after COVID-19 is a concern. The IT lessons learned from this moment will forever change the way companies think about the tools that enable a remote workforce. The “new normal” is a place where optimized IT processes thrive and legacy on-premises solutions fade away.
Jamf, OneLogin, and BetterCloud are enabling IT administrators to create repeatable processes for deployments that support best practices for security and the end-user experience. Organizations that invest in Apple do so because the platform is powerful and easy to use, but these benefits can quickly erode with one-size-fits-all management platforms or outdated security practices. The flexibility of these three tools allow for granular enforcement of device and SaaS application security through an identity-driven approach to management.
These combined solutions are helping organizations today transform how they deliver technology with comprehensive automation and security across identities, apps, and devices. Some key advantages of leveraging these three platforms together to enable employees to work anywhere include:
- Gain Visibility and Control: Jamf gives you the ability to set policies across all of your Apple devices. OneLogin allows you to manage all of your users’ identities and access. BetterCloud gives you visibility across all your SaaS applications so you can take action and automate policies from a centralized platform.
- Zero-Touch Deployment and Offboarding: Provide a seamless onboarding experience for new hires by leveraging automated workflows to set up corporate laptops, user profiles, their permissions, and applications. Automatically offboard a user to ensure they no longer have access to corporate applications or data on their personal or corporate devices.
- Protect Against Insider Threats: Mitigate security risks with ongoing monitoring of suspicious activity at the device, login, or in-app level with remediation workflows. If suspicious behavior, file sharing, content scanning, or other interaction is identified, trigger a remediation workflow such as forcing a user to re-authenticate or locking the user’s device.
The world has not stopped and organizations still refining their remote business processes need to quickly evaluate options to find what meets their needs. Jamf, OneLogin, and BetterCloud all offer free trials and Work Anywhere resources to help you get started.
If you would like to learn more, don’t miss the Virtual JNUC 2020, where you can catch OneLogin and BetterCloud either in the vendor hall or at the sessions below:
- JNUC331 “Empowering a remote workforce with Jamf”, featuring our customer Evernote, who has achieved success with our joint solution
- JNUC334 “SaaSOps: using the Jamf Pro API and connecting cloud systems to automate workflows”
To learn more about how Jamf, OneLogin, and BetterCloud represent the foundations of a mobile workforce, visit Jamf.com/workanywhere.