About the role
The Infrastructure Security Engineer III is a key part of a team that is responsible for maintaining company information security systems, processes, and procedures to protect and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all data and security infrastructure. The position will support all aspects of SIEM, Firewall, Endpoint Protection and requires a comprehensive knowledge of information security principles and controls.
In addition, this position will drive support for security programs through security operations and documentation of all security related tasks. Working very closely with development & operations teams, product owners, and other groups. May be called upon to assist in the event of a security incident.
The individual must be passionate about helping others, mentoring and training the people around them. The Engineer will conduct reviews of Cloud & Network infrastructure, Systems infrastructure, Application configurations and keep documentation up to date.
You value open collaboration, have a strong desire to learn, and are excited to pick up new skills and technologies. You like to share your knowledge with others and are willing to ask for help in return. You should be a highly motivated self-starter with attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, packet capture solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Setup and maintenance of log analysis infrastructure
- Be able to design security architecture for infrastructure projects
- Setup and maintenance of incident response and forensic toolkit
- Familiarity with network protocols (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP)
- Basic level networking, including subnetting, basic routing protocols, & LAN WiFi
- Understanding of cloud provided environments such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Manage, Configure, Patch, Upgrade and troubleshoot the below systems
- IPS/IDS Systems
- Linux Servers, including AWS Linux
- Configuration Management Tools (Puppet, terraform)
- Endpoint Security Systems
- Security Information and Event Management System
- Assist in security incidents as required
- 3-5 years of combined IT and security operations experience with a broad range of exposure to different systems, including but not limited to SIEM’s, Endpoint Protection systems and firewalls
- Completion of a Cyber Security program, Computer Science Degree, Information Security Degree or other related certifications in the Information Security field.
- You enjoy the challenge of problem solving in a technical environment
- You have a passion for customer service and doing the right thing for the customer at all times
- You take responsibility and are accountable for your work.
- You are motivated to learn and grow in your career and can adapt to change or business needs
- Security Incident & Event Monitoring (SIEM) and endpoint security administration
- Past experience in infrastructure design for new and existing services
- Must be comfortable working with and troubleshooting in a heterogeneous operating environment.
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Pay strict attention to detail in all that you do to ensure minimal risk to the environment.
- Team player required. Must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive team experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
OneLogin, the leader in Unified Access Management, connects people with technology through a simple and secure login, empowering organizations to access the world™. The OneLogin Unified Access Management (UAM) platform is the key to unlocking the apps, devices, and data that drive productivity and facilitate collaboration. OneLogin serves businesses and partners across a multitude of industries, with over 2,500 customers worldwide. We are headquartered in San Francisco, California. For more information, visit www.onelogin.com, Blog, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- Security first - We make it our #1 priority to protect data and privacy. From the way we work to the technology we provide, security is top of mind
- Customer focused - We design for, listen to and partner with customers to come up with smart solutions that drive business value
- Collaborative - We take bold steps and work together to thrive across boundaries. We drive productivity as we grow as one team
- Accountable - We get things done and take ownership in our work. Showcasing consistent quality and pride to perform at the highest levels
- Creative - We embody creativity in everything we do. We embrace a diversity of ideas. We execute with ingenuity, flexibility, and agility