About the role
The Solution Engineer will interact with customers and prospects by providing product demonstrations, deployment setup and configuration, supporting the sales team on calls, and travelling to customers as necessary. The Solution Engineer is an experienced person who works alongside their colleagues, participates in building our team culture and supports their aligned sales team to create solutions for prospects and customers. The Solution Engineer will act as a trusted advisor to our customers while aiding the customer's transformational journey.
To accomplish this, you should have a strong desire to set the vision, translating business objectives into enticing and actionable recommendations.
- Partner with Account Executives to drive complex, multi-stakeholder deal cycles across industries to solve diverse mission-critical business problems
- Drive the discovery process, helping to uncover prospects/customer’s current pains and align to their business objectives
- Lead the technical elements within the sales cycle. This may include being part of the design and delivery of a technical proof of concept, creating technical proposals, responding to RFP/RFIs or attending sales meetings, leading workshops and providing technical expertise to demonstrate the OneLogin product as an SME. Additionally, driving any technical issues to resolution in collaboration with Support.
- Contribute consistent and actionable feedback to Product based on customer interactions. You must be able to communicate effectively with support, engineering, PMs, sales, and other stakeholders.
- Involved in contributing to & maintaining a central knowledge base to answer technical product questions that can be leveraged by Account Executives and other Solution Engineers in sales cycles; as well as customers/prospects.
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop assets and deliver training sessions to improve technical product knowledge of existing features to both customers and Account Executives.
- Contribute to the success of a rapidly growing and evolving SE organisation
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
- 5+ years technical Sales/Solution Engineering (or other relevant) experience in a SaaS organisation
- Experience within the cloud industry and ecosystem
- Thorough understanding of the IT industry, competitive landscape and key technologies
- Knowledge of at least one of the following standards: SAML, OIDC and/or OAuth flows
- Familiar with enterprise level directory deployments and configurations (e.g. AD or LDAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a knack for delivering compelling presentations and product demonstrations to either external customers or internal teams
- A consultative approach with solving your customer's business challenges and have a track record of successfully overcoming technical and security objections. Problem solving is in your DNA!
- Ability to thrive and adapt to a rapidly evolving product and market that will define the future of work
- Customer-centric and commercially driven
- A self-learner with the ability to find answers to tough problems.
- Inquisitive nature; always wanting to find out more about why and how things work. Good at searching out information and experimenting, likes to concentrate on a particular topic and to solve puzzles
- Knows how to make the complex simple; unpacking and putting back together in new and creative ways, with the ability to simplify technical concepts for non-technical audiences
- Emphasis on fast responsiveness to customers and internal teams
- Able to work individually and as a team, both in person and remotely
- Start-Up Company Culture Fit
- Strong desire to win in the market
- Experience deploying, managing and configuring Identity solutions within the IAM or CIAM space
- Experience selling other IAM or CIAM solutions
- Knowledgeable in the configuration of Multi-factor Authentication including OTP solutions such as Symantec VIP, Yubico, and RSA
- Working knowledge of the usage of REST APIs
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: HTML, Java, Ruby, Python, PHP
- Experience utilising workflow technologies for automation purposes
- Fluent in another European language (written and spoken)
OneLogin, the leader in Unified Access Management, connects people with technology through a simple and secure login, empowering organisations to access the world™. The OneLogin Unified Access Management (UAM) platform is the key to unlocking the apps, devices, and data that drive productivity and facilitate collaboration. OneLogin serves businesses and partners across a multitude of industries, with over 2,500 customers worldwide. We are headquartered in San Francisco, California. For more information, visit www.onelogin.com, Blog, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- Security first - We make it our #1 priority to protect data and privacy. From the way we work to the technology we provide, security is top of mind
- Customer focused - We design for, listen to and partner with customers to come up with smart solutions that drive business value
- Collaborative - We take bold steps and work together to thrive across boundaries. We drive productivity as we grow as one team
- Accountable - We get things done and take ownership in our work. Showcasing consistent quality and pride to perform at the highest levels
- Creative - We embody creativity in everything we do. We embrace a diversity of ideas. We execute with ingenuity, flexibility, and agility