ABOUT THE ROLE
As a technical writer, you will contribute, edit, and organize technical documentation with the goal of applying agile principles to understand your audience and prioritize work. Our ideal candidate has broad technical writing experience, speaks the language of software developers and IT professionals, and enjoys the process of improving documentation to help drive product adoption.
- Research, interview, develop, document, create, edit, and maintain documentation for new and existing software for system administrators, including guidance for complex installation and configuration processes.
- Edit and update developer documentation -- including API and toolkit doc, along with tutorials and best practices guides.
- Contribute & edit technical parts of customer communications.
- Create frequent release notes.
- Identify areas of improvement - strategize & execute improvements.
- Improve existing documentation, both technically and aesthetically.
- Get up to speed quickly and work efficiently to deliver high-quality work on time.
- Work closely with product managers, UX designers, and cross-functional teams to ensure that our documentation meets the needs of our customers.
- Three years of enterprise software technical writing experience for developers and administrators.
- Experience managing projects and your own workflow.
- Excellent writing, editing, and spoken communication skills.
- An active writing voice, embracing a crisp and efficient style.
- Proficiency in HTML, Markdown, and Git.
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex software applications quickly and to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, or both.
- Even better if you have...
- Experience with identity and access management (IAM) tools and practices.
- Familiarization with basic concepts of system administration. (You won’t be a sys admin, but your audience is.)
- Experience managing localization.
- Experience with Service Now as a KB.
- Experience creating video tutorials.
- An understanding of RESTful APIs.
OneLogin, the leader in Unified Access Management, connects people with technology through a simple and secure login, empowering organizations to access the world™. The OneLogin Unified Access Management (UAM) platform is the key to unlocking the apps, devices, and data that drive productivity and facilitate collaboration. OneLogin serves businesses and partners across a multitude of industries, with over 2,500 customers worldwide. We are headquartered in San Francisco, California. For more information, visit www.onelogin.com, Blog, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- Security first - We make it our #1 priority to protect data and privacy. From the way we work to the technology we provide, security is top of mind
- Customer focused - We design for, listen to and partner with customers to come up with smart solutions that drive business value
- Collaborative - We take bold steps and work together to thrive across boundaries. We drive productivity as we grow as one team
- Accountable - We get things done and take ownership in our work. Showcasing consistent quality and pride to perform at the highest levels
- Creative - We embody creativity in everything we do. We embrace a diversity of ideas. We execute with ingenuity, flexibility, and agility