ABOUT THE ROLE:
OneLogin needs an experienced software engineer and technical team lead to assume ownership of all things Automation. Join our close knit Quality Engineering team that is responsible for the quality of our product offerings from the beginning of the SDLC all the way through the release to production.
- Provide leadership for a team of automation engineers: providing solid feedback and advice to the team manager, managing team projects, and leading team meetings.
- Assume principle ownership of our proprietary E2E test framework (Node.js, puppeteer, Ava): enhance and maintain this framework, document its use, and provide training and tooling necessary to enable the feature teams to write their own effective and maintainable E2E tests.
- Consult and collaborate with the Platform team to ensure that the CI/CD pipeline meets the needs of the company throughout the development, testing, and release cycles.
- Project planning, implementation, and delegation to provide tooling to integrate the E2E tests into a continuous test pipeline.
- Build a system that provides telemetry, quality metrics, reports and alerting for automated tests.
- Participate in Release Management (with oversight) in the shorterm, until the current manual processes are effectively automated/streamlined.
- Develop, maintain, extend a software solution linking TestRail test plans with JIRA tickets and the E2E test framework for well directed automatic test run generation and reporting.
- While this position is principally concerned with E2E tests, must be able to clearly communicate with and advise feature teams on effective unit and integration test coverage. Will own measuring (not implementing) unit/integration test coverage, helping to ensure that we have comprehensive test coverage at the proper places in the test pyramid.
The right person for this position needs to be a strong contributor to the design and implementation of complex, multi-team software projects as well as providing leadership for the existing Automation engineers. Must be able and willing to participate in the manual deployment processes to understand and affect major releases and then implement their replacement with automation. Will participate in second tier on-call rotation for the systems the Automation team is responsible for.
In order to truly be effective in OneLogin culture, the right candidate will need to cooperate with other teams to get the right things done, providing advice and guidance. The successful candidate must stand on their principles but be flexible in approach, comfortable with finding best-fit solutions, tracking the technical debt any compromises introduce, and be vigilant in following up over time to eliminate that debt.
- 3+ years of Quality Engineering experience preferably in an enterprise SaaS company
- 3+ years NodeJS experience. Familiarity with promises and functional programming will be a plus. Experience with other programming languages, particularly Ruby a definite advantage.
- 3+ years of UI and API test automation, using Selenium, Puppeteer or similar.
- 3+ years experience building, using, maintaining CI/CD pipelines, gitHub Actions or similar a plus.
- 3+ years of small team tech lead experience.
- 2+ years Experience testing microservices, being mindful of dependencies between services and monolithic components.
- 1+ years of experience providing automatic quality metrics, using observability and monitoring tools (our stack includes Sumo, DataDog, NewRelic and Elasticsearch)
- Professional experience with Kubernetes, EKS, GKE, AKS, etc a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with development teams on quality initiatives.
- Strong communication and decision making skills with the ability to balance conflicting interests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
OneLogin is the leader in Unified Access Management, Enabling Organizations to Access the World™. Businesses of all sizes use OneLogin to secure company data, while increasing IT administrator and end users efficiencies. Implementation of our identity management solutions can be achieved in hours not days, delivering a fully featured administrative and self-service portal. Our ability to handle on-premises and cloud/SaaS applications makes us the identity as a service vendor of choice for the hybrid enterprise. Two-factor authentication, mobile identity management for one-click access on smartphones and tablets, and real-time directory synchronization add an extra layer of protection.
- Security first - We make it our #1 priority to protect data and privacy. From the way we work to the technology we provide, security is top of mind
- Customer focused - We design for, listen to and partner with customers to come up with smart solutions that drive business value
- Collaborative - We take bold steps and work together to thrive across boundaries. We drive productivity as we grow as one team
- Accountable - We get things done and take ownership in our work. Showcasing consistent quality and pride to perform at the highest levels
- Creative - We embody creativity in everything we do. We embrace a diversity of ideas. We execute with ingenuity, flexibility, and agility